Never Settle for Anything Less!


If you search Google for the quote "Never Settle for Anything Less", you'll find tons of blog posts and essays about relationships and "loving yourself" and "moving on" and "you deserve better" and "finding the right one" topics written in relation with this quote. This post is not really different from the other posts you'll find on the Internet these days, but maybe I can only assure you, this is nothing about serious love relationships and moving on among others.

Quite true when you think of it that everyone or everybody deserves something better, if not, much better or the best --- from loving someone, to getting the right person, to getting that salary raise, or perhaps landing in your dream job --- but in reality, life is just too tough to follow through. Life would slap you with things and sh*ts that you don't need, but life is so good at it, sh*ts just keep on coming. But of course, life will not just give you sh*ts you can't carry through. In the end, every problem has its solution.

Sometimes, what is in front of us is what we really deserve, maybe the only thing that we can do is we just have to look into it on a different perspective or point of view to know that what you already have is the best option you ever had. Everybody deserves better, yes, but at the end of the day, we are the ones who make choices and who will settle what is less or what is more.

My current job is lesser to my previous job in terms of salary, but when I looked into it deeper ---
  1. I only commute 20 minutes going to work, 
  2. I have lots of time doing the things that I love after work, 
  3. I sleep 10 hours or more everyday, and 
  4. I woke up stress-free not thinking of dragging myself to work going on routine jobs everyday 
--- I already know, these are nothing less but more. In my case, having less is more than I deserve, and this is the worth I am looking for in the long time I am working.

What I did was I weighed all the circumstances that I will get and that I were getting and equate them into something that I know I can have a better option or opportunity. The same goes with the other job applications and offers that I had before landing on my current job. If I have looked into it salary-wise, all the jobs that I will be applying in the future will be dragging to me and I will be forever looking for that job which will offer me a bigger salary. There is no growth in that.

In the end, settling for anything less is still our own decision. But before doing anything crazy, just remember to weigh everything and think a little less about salary. Experience and skills are the things that can make you hire, and not your way of thinking that "you deserve something better". Happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment